Safety is number one priority when working at heights. We organize GWO trainings in great conditions indoors in Oulu and Vantaa. We offer full onshore GWO Basic Safety Training package including Working at Heights, First Aid, Fire awareness and Manual handling. We also provide SFS6002 electrical safety trainings specialized in working with wind turbines. In addition to our safety courses we provide statutory safety equipment inspections or complete package of periodical safety equipment maintenance.
Working at Heights Course
The aim of this course is to give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PPE and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with Basic Safety Training (BST) module Working at Heights.
The objectives of the BST Working at Heights Module are to ensure that:
- Hazards and risks when working at heights especially in a WTG are understood and identified
- National legislation regarding working at heights is understood
- Correct identification including European/Global standard markings of PPE (e.g. harness, safety helmet, lanyards, etc.) can be demonstrated
- Knowledge and skills for correctly inspecting, servicing, storing and dressing of PPE (e.g. harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment) can be demonstrated
- Correct use of PPE (e.g. harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment) can be demonstrated. Additionally, anchor points and correct ladder conduct can be identified.
- Evacuation devices can be used in a correct manner.
- Rescue situations in WTGs can be handled in a correct manner by using rescue equipment efficiently
First Aid Course
The objectives of the First Aid Module are to ensure that:
- Importance of carrying out first aid in safe manner according to the prevalent local legislation and ERC and AHA guidelines is understood
- Normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness of the human body can be recognized and explained
- Correct emergency response actions in the WTG environment are understood
- Correct use of lifesaving First Aid can be demonstrated using the Primary Survey A-B-C
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) correct use can be demonstrated
- Correct use of ordinary First Aid, the Secondary Survey can be demonstrated
- First aid equipment can be used in a correct manner in a first Aid Scenario
Fire Awareness Course
The objectives of the BST Fire Awareness Module are to ensure that:
- Development and spread of fire are understood and can be explained
- Knowledge of causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers can be demonstrated
- Signs of a fire in a wind turbine environment can be identified
- Contingency plans in a wind turbine environment including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures are understood and can be demonstrated
- Correct actions in case of a fire including use of fire extinguishing equipment in a WTG can be demonstrated
Manual Handling Course
The objectives of the BST Manual Handling Module are to ensure that:
- Importance of carrying out work duties in safe and sound manner according to the prevalent local legislation is understood
- Aspects of work tasks possibly causing increased risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries can be recognized
- Safe practices of Manual Handling including the correct handling of equipment can be demonstrated
- Signs and symptoms of injuries caused by poor Manual Handling techniques can be identified and reported
- Manual Handling problems can be solved in a wind turbine environment
- Manual Handling risk reduction techniques can be demonstrated
Advanced Rescue Training
We now offer also GWO Advanced Rescue Trainings in Oulu. Please contact for further information.
SFS6002 Training specified for wind energy requirements
We have tailored a SFS6002 standard electrical safety training for wind industry needs.
SFS6002 is a mandatory training for all persons performing electrical works in Finland, including persons working as a foreman, operator or specialist. The standard sets demand for safe operation of electrical equipment and working close to electrical equipment. These demands include all operation, installations and maintenance.
SFS6002 training should correspond to the duties where trained persons operate. Content of the training is specified in the standard and is focused on general electrical safety. In our training we bring up our experience in wind turbines and spesifically the potential electrical hazards in wind turbine environment. The training can be organized in our training facilities or anywhere in Finland.